UAB IS EXCITED TO HOST THE 60TH ANNUAL MSU SPRING ARTS AND CRAFTS SHOW ON SATURDAY, MAY 18TH (9AM - 6PM) AND SUNDAY, MAY 19TH (10AM - 5PM).
We accept applications on Zapplication. Review the timeline below to determine when the next application will go live.
We encourage artists/crafters to sign up for our newsletter, which is used to provide general information on application processes.
WHAT IS THE MSU ARTS AND CRAFTS SHOW?
The Annual Arts and Craft Shows are large fundraiser for the University Activities Board (UAB). All proceeds from booth fees go directly UAB. UAB’s goal is to provide opportunities for students to build connections, create community, and a sense of belong at MSU through fun and engaging events designed and implemented by our UAB Student Coordinators. Our fundraisers allow us to offer these events at low-cost, or more often free, to MSU students. Our Arts and Crafts Shows are also beloved community traditions.
- The Spring Arts and Crafts Show has around 330 artist/crafters and, in conjunction with the East Lansing Arts Festival, attracts 40,000 - 60,000 patrons.
- The Winter Arts and Craft Show has 125+ artists/crafters and attracts between 7,000-9,000 patrons.
- We are excited to announce that we have added an additional 28 single booths and 7 double booths to the 2024 Booth Map.
WHERE IS THE ARTS AND CRAFT SHOW?
MSU Union - 49 Abbott, East Lansing Michigan, 48825
The Winter Arts and Craft Show is held indoors. The Spring Arts and Craft Show is held outdoors, on the MSU Union Grounds.
WHEN IS THE ARTS AND CRAFT SHOW?
- The Winter Arts and Craft Show is always held the first weekend of December.
- The Spring Arts and Craft Show is held in late May, on the same weekend as the East Lansing Arts Festival.
- Tentative future dates are:
- May 18th & 19th, 2024
- May 17th & 18th, 2025
- Tentative future dates are:
HOW DO I APPLY?
- We only accept applications on Zapplication.
- All communications regarding for the Arts and Crafts Show will be sent via Zapplication or from firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Our returning vendors have priority booth placement.
Application Opens | Thursday, February 8th
Priority Deadline | Monday, February 26th
Priority Acceptance | Monday, March 4th
Application and Payment Deadline | Monday, April 22nd
Refund Deadline | Monday, April 6th
*Priority Deadline is the deadline for returning vendors to apply and be allow to return to their booth from the previous year or request a new booth. Priority acceptance is the notification of booth placement to returning vendors. All other applications are accepted on a rolling basis.
IMPORTANT NOTE ABOUT OUR APPLICATION PROCESSES: We do not have a jury process. We first place our returning vendors (Priority Vendors) from previous years. We then accept new vendors based on booth availability with an emphasis on providing a variety of categories of art to our patrons. These applications are processed on a rolling basis. Earlier applications do have a higher likelihood of being accepted. Unfortunately we often have certain categories, such as soaps/candles/jewelry, that have more applicants than we can support. For the benefit of all vendors, we may decline applications from over saturated categories even if we have open booth locations. If you would like to know if we can support your specific category, please reach out to email@example.com.
Application/Jury Fee: $30 (Non-refundable)
Single Booth: Winter: $210; Spring: $260
Double Booth: Winter: $480; Spring $550
Storage (Optional): 5 x 8 space* - $40 (non-refundable, available Winter Show only)
* Storage will be located on the Ground Floor of the MSU Union. Each room will have several crafters assigned to the room. The rooms will be secured at all times and crafters must be listed on the access list to enter.
Winter: Single Booth: 5 x 8, Double Booth 5 x 16
Spring: Single Booth: 10 x 10, Double Booth 10 x 20
WHAT SHOULD I EXPECT?
Below you will find several key documents that provide additional information on what you should expect at our Arts and Craft Show.
Please note these documents are reference materials. They may not be updated for the next show.
MSU Trademark Crafter License
Food Safety/License Verification Process
SPRING ARTS AND CRAFT SHOW:
2024 General Information
2024 Rules and Regulations
2023 Spring Booth Map *** Please note that landscaping changes can result in changes to this map. Ground is grass and may be uneven. Please contact show staff if you are concerned.
2023 Show Load In Maps
WINTER ARTS AND CRAFT SHOW:
2023 General Information
2023 Rules and Regulations
Winter Booth Map